As part of a raft of new initiatives by the Biodynamic Association (BDA), they have invited Hawkwood to serve as an education/course provider for them.
Hawkwood is developing its programme in nature and sustainability, with a number of courses that offer practical anthroposophical activities, such as biodynamic fruit growing,
astrosophy, an introduction to biodynamic food production and a longer course with Bernard Jarman starting in January.
Under the new partnership, certain designated courses and events on Hawkwood’s programme will qualify for a 10% discount for people who are members of the BDA. The BDA hopes this will inspire people to join and enjoy the many benefits of the association.
Here is a brief listing of BDA courses coming up. Full details from Hawkwood tel. 01453 759034 or www.hawkwoodcollege.co.uk
• Why Biodynamic Food? A quest for quality – with Barnard Jarman
Friday 25th& Saturday 26th October (BDA)
Open to all. £69 including delicious lunch and refreshments
• Talk: The Quality of Biodynamic Food – Barnard Jarman
Friday 25th October 7.30pm
Includes food tasting. £7.50 for public. FREE to course participants
• Raw Food for Winter Wellness [Sorry, this course doesn’t qualify for BDA discount]
£70 including lunch, raw food and drinks from Judy’s own recipes
• Food, Land and Healing with Miche Fabre Lewin, Flora Gathorne-Hardy &Barnard Jarman
Friday 6th– Sunday 8thDecember (BDA)
Residential single £235; shared £200; non-resident£160 inc. meals
• Biodynamic Farming and Gardening (BDA) – Bernard Jarman.
This series of six day courses covers practical aspects and explores the principle ideas standing behind bio-dynamics. Suitable for complete newcomers as well as those familiar with this approach.
£350 for the whole course inc. lunches. Part-time attendance by arrangement.
• Life, nature and the human being Tuesday 14 January
• Ecology and agriculture Tuesday 28 January
• Soil fertility and the nature of substance Tuesday 11 February
• Farm Animals – the farmer’s assistants Tuesday 25 February
• The art of compost making Tuesday 11 March
• The World of the Stars, Moon and Planets Tuesday 25 March
We look forward to seeing you soon at Hawkwood!
from Katie Lloyd-Nunn – Development Coordinator at Hawkwood